Bollywood heartthrob Ranveer Singh, who is slowly and steadily climbing up the ladders of success turns a year old today. After giving critical and commercially successful films like Lootera, Ram Leela and Gunday, there’s no stopping Ranveer Singh. His enthusiasm and live wire energy speaks a lot about the actor. But what attracts everyone’s attention is some of his interesting and bold statements. On his birthday today let’s take a look at some of the interesting statements given by the star.
1. Anuskha makes me a better actor : Anushka Sharma and Ranveer Singh’s pairing created magic both on and off-screen in Band Baaja Baarat. However, they failed to create the same magic with Ladies v/s Ricky Bahl and since then Ranveer has always expressed his wish to work with his alleged ex flame Anushka. He says, Anushka makes him a better actor. “I have always expressed the desire to reunite with her because she is the most brilliant and talented actress I have collaborated with so far… She makes me a better actor.”
2. I am an amazing boyfriend: From rumours of dating Anushka Sharma to his current alleged affair with Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh’s link-up news has always hogged the limelight. However, during one of his interviews the actor was quoted saying that he is an amazing boyfriend. “I am an amazing boyfriend, the best boyfriend ever. I am an awesome boyfriend. I haven’t always been an awesome boyfriend. I’ve been an idiot, but I have learnt, matured, improved and become very, very good.”
3. I’d be mortified if Deepika called me Ranbir: Though Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone’s relationship has always been the talk of the town since they started working on their successful film Ram Leela but the alleged couple has never accepted their relationship openly. But both the actors have always hinted towards sharing a special bond with each other. During one of the interviews to Hindustan Times when Ranveer was asked if Deepika has ever called him Ranbir, (her ex-flame) by mistake. Ranveer replied saying, “No, she hasn’t. I would be mortified if she did that, ever!”
4. His flirtatious reputation: Ranveer, who has been linked to almost all his co-stars seems to have a problem being tagged as a flirt. Talking about his flirtatious reputation, the actor said, “It’s not that I have a problem being tagged as a flirt. But I have a problem with tags in general. This casanova tag, or flirt – I have a problem with it. Because when you tag someone, you are defining then and limiting them. it’s like putting them in a box. And I don’t subscribe to it.
5. I always carry a condom in my wallet: Ranveer Singh, has never shied away from talking about sex. At an event while addressing the audience, that was full of youngsters, Ranveer went on to confess wholeheartedly that he cannot do without sex. That’s not all. Ranveer is amongst the first mainstream Bollywood actors to endorse a condom. In an interview to DNA, the actor confessed that he always carries a condom in his wallet.
“I am very comfortable with my sexuality and I am comfortable engaging in conversation and speaking about the subject of sex. I have no qualms and make no bones about it. In our country sex is still a taboo subject, which it really shouldn’t be. Sexual well-being is a topic that calls for healthy discussion, education and awareness and should not be shunned.”
On being asked do guys always carry condoms in their wallets? Ranveer answered, “Well, I always do. And if there are guys out there who don’t, then they absolutely should.”
6. Sometimes I find awards questionable: After struggling for three and a half years to make big in Bollywood, Ranveer stuck gold with Band Baaja Baarat. However, the actor was disappointed when his critically acclaimed film Lootera was not nominated. The actor also went ahead to share his displeasure about the same.
“Sometimes I find awards questionable. At times I get surprised looking at the winners’ list… at times it glares out to me as well, but it’s all subjective. For me, awards means live performance and I love live performances,” Ranveer told IANS. He further added, “It is very disappointing that the technical team of Lootera didn’t get their due credit. Lootera is technically one of the superior films of Hindi cinema. I would rate Lootera more than Ram-leela as Ram-leela was easier for me to do, while Lootera was tougher. I am proud of Lootera. It’s a timeless film. It’s sad that Lootera went unnoticed by many.”
7. Yes, I can see myself retire by 35: Though the upcoming superstar of Bollywood has always come across as a big casonova but the actor has never shied away from hinting towards settling down in life. During the promotions of his film Lootera, Ranveer shocked everyone by announcing that he wants to retire at the age of 35. Ranveer said, “I want to be super successful by 35, be based out of Goa, have a few vintage vehicles in the garage, a few kids playing on the lawn…Yes, I can see myself retire by 35. Or maybe do one movie a year. But I need to be the king of my castle before I get there.”
8. Ram Leela’s kiss is the best kiss you’ll ever see in a Hindi movie: One of the USP of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Ram Leela was definitely the chemistry that Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone showcased. The sizzling chemistry put the silver screen on fire. During one of his Ram Leela interviews, Ranveer Singh said , “I hope that there will be no objection to the kiss because it’s a beautiful kiss. I hope they don’t cut the duration because it’s a long kiss. It’s the best kiss you’ll ever see in a Hindi movie.”
9. I don’t have as much money as Ranbir to buy a football team: Matters of the heart are always complicated and when it is about love even more so. In a world where being friends with your ex has always been considered difficult, the young generation of actors seems to be an exception. However, the media has always drawn comparisons between Deepika Padukone’s ex boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor and her current alleged boyfriend Ranveer Singh. During a recent interview to Hindustan Times Ranveer was asked if he would like to buy a football team, Ranveer replied saying, “I don’t have as much money as he does (to buy a football team). I have a lot of other things to invest in.”
10. When Ranveer called Rani Mukerji, the MD of Yash Raj Films on Koffee with Karan: While Rani and Aditya Chopra always maintained a no comments stance on their relationship before their secret wedding. However Ranveer seemed to spill everything about them. Ranveer, who is known for his loud mouth statements in an episode of Koffee with Karan called Rani the MD of Yashraj films on national television. Though it’s not clear that it accidentally slipped out of Ranveer’s mouth or if it was done intentionally.